Background

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Fantastic News



I don't know how many of you have read Peter S. Beagle's The Last Unicorn or seen the Rankin Bass movie, but if you haven't done either I highly recommend them. The Last Unicorn tells the story of a unicorn who may or may not be the last one. She goes on a journey to discover the whereabouts of the rest of her kind, befriends a failed magician, a tired renegade, becomes and human and falls in love with a prince. The novel is funny and engaging, and the film is absolutely beautiful.

 I really cannot tell you how beautiful this movie is. And it's even a good movie, unlike some things I've reviewed on here


The great new is, this movie is coming, with the author of the book, to Houston!!! The Last Unicorn has a screening tour! I'm so excited. I have no idea when tickets are going on sale, but you can bet I'll be one of the first in line for them. I adored this book, and I'm super excited to see the movie in an actual theater! Ah! April can't come fast enough! :) Yay!!!!

In other news, I also get to spend the last few days of break in Austin with a friend, so that will be fun! The last time I was in Austin it was on a class field trip to see the capital, which was fun, I guess, But it will be better this time. I'll get to explore downtown with a native. See, sometimes real life can be exciting. Not as exciting as a movie screening and book signing in April, but still :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ok children, here are some ground rules. Keep all posts clean and polite. Flamers and Trollers (unless they are legitimately funny) will be hunted down and destroyed. You are allowed to have, and express, your own opinion but make sure to keep it respectful or else I shall get very cross :).