Background

Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Book Challenge



A few years ago I did a summer reading challenge with myself which (I thought) went pretty well, even though I didn't finish (hey, I'll admit 30 books in two months was a teensy bit ambitious, but I got, like, 15 read!). Starting this year I thought I'd do another challenge with myself. 50 Books over the course of 12 months! It won't be easy, but I picked a list of only books I'm pretty sure I'll like (and a few I've already read.... you don't own me) so hopefully I can manage.

These are all books to be read for pleasure on my own time (no school books allowed!) so I guess I'll start making my way through them, and probably posting review and recommendations for the ones I feel warrant a read! I hope you enjoy my list in no particular order!


Books To Read 2015
1.       The Little Friend – Donna Tartt
2.       Trickster’s Queen – Tamora Pierce
3.       Twelve Angry Men – Reginald Rose
4.       The Island of the Day Before – Umberto Eco
5.       Silence – Shusaku Endo
6.       The Name of the Rose – Umberto Eco
7.       Orthodoxy – G.K. Chesterton
8.       The Book Thief – Marcus Zusak
9.       Alanna – Tamora Pierce
10.   In the Hand of the Goddess – Tamora Pierce
11.   The Woman Who Rides Like a Man – Tamora Pierce
12.   Lioness Rampant – Tamora Pierce
13.   Rebecca – Daphne de Maurier
14.   A Little Princess – Francis Hodgett
15.   Inferno – Dante
16.   Purgatorio – Dante
17.   Paradiso – Dante
18.   The Haunted Bookshop – Christopher Morley
19.   In a Glass Darkly – Sheridan le Fanu
20.   The Children of Hurin – J.R.R. Tolkien
21.   Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – J.K. Rowling
22.   Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince – J.K. Rowling
23.   Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
24.   The Idiot – Dostoevsky
25.   The Samurai – Shusaku Endo
26.   Northanger Abbey – Jane Austen
27.   Vathek – William Beckford
28.   The Castle of Otranto – Horace Walpole
29.   The Phantom Tollbooth – Norton Juster
30.   And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie
31.   The Three Musketeers – Alexandre Dumas
32.   The Westing Game – Ellen Raskin
33.   A Wizard of Earthsea – Ursula L. Guin
34.   Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
35.   Graceling – Kristin Cashore
36.   The Castle of Llyr – Lloyd Alexander
37.   Taran the Wanderer – Lloyd Alexander
38.   The High King – Lloyd Alexander
39.   Strong Poison – Dorthy Sayers
40.   The Curiosity Shop – Charles Dickens
41.   The Song of Talesin - Talesin
42.   Gormenghast – Mervyn Peake
43.   The Charwoman’s Shadow – Lord Dunsany
44.   The Labyrinth – A.C.H. Smith
45.   The Blue Fairy Book – Andrew Lang
46.   Til We Have Faces – C.S. Lewis
47.   The Faerie Queene Books 2-7 – Edmund Spenser
48.   The Thirteenth Tale – Diane Setterfield
49.   The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Other Stories – Washington Irving
50.   Jane Eyre – Emily Bronte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ok children, here are some ground rules. Keep all posts clean and polite. Flamers and Trollers (unless they are legitimately funny) will be hunted down and destroyed. You are allowed to have, and express, your own opinion but make sure to keep it respectful or else I shall get very cross :).