Background

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Hobbit

The Hobbit is coming! The Hobbit is Coming! eeeeeeeeee! Words cannot express how incredibly exited I am about this movie. I  hardly ever get excited about anything and I am physically giddy about the release of this film. This book is in constant conflict with with Howl's Moving Castle as my favorite book of all time. I discovered in in third grade and fell in love with it immediately. It is possibly the first book I've ever obsessed over, and it's been one of the few constant companions of my existence.

I have tried several times to write about how wonderful this book is and why you should read it in this space right here. I cannot seem to do it justice. I really have nothing against this book at all. None of the complaints that I could lobby at the Lord of the Rings trilogy apply here (I have very few complaints to lobby at those books). The Hobbit is wonderful in every way possible. It has dwarves and elves and gigantic talking eagles and Gandalf, and Hobbits. It has Orcs and Dragons. Ponies. All of the characters are wonderful, and that is not something you can say of Tolkien's other books. I mean I love the Lord of the Rings, but everyone except Gandalf, and the Hobbits are incredibly flat characters. Aragorn has almost no personality and the women are just sad (which is ok, because the kind of story he's writing would be terrible if he took too much time developing characters.... those exist). But the Hobbit is a good story (which is the most important part of a book for me) combined with good and unique characters, and a gorgeous setting. Bilbo is my absolute favorite. He acts the way I imagine myself acting on an adventure. I would spend most of it miserable, whining, and thinking of my bed and wondering why I ever left. Of course, he eventually becomes useful which is fun too. Ug! I can't think of anything amazing to write about this. Nothing I say will do it justice.

Just look at these pictures. I've rambled enough for now. My love prevents me from doing this justice.
The Dwarves:

Barrels out of Bond
 
Epic Movie Poster

An Unexpected Party (A.K.A. an unwanted party)

The sets are beautiful.
Bag End
Bilbo Riding a Pony

Oh my gosh I finally get to see this tomorrow! I'm excited and terrified and I'll leave you all alone now. Happy Eve before Hobbit Eve everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ok children, here are some ground rules. Keep all posts clean and polite. Flamers and Trollers (unless they are legitimately funny) will be hunted down and destroyed. You are allowed to have, and express, your own opinion but make sure to keep it respectful or else I shall get very cross :).